disappointment at the scale
Bummerola, the scale went up this week. I'd been fairly good, too!
Since I keep a chart of my progress, I checked it out, and this is the 4th time in 16 weeks that this has happened. The funny thing is, I didn't let it get to me those last times. But for some reason this time, I got really bummed out, and rebelled. I wonder why? It's so stupid!
I know from past experience that behaving this way -- sabotaging yourself, can lead you on a downward spiral. So ... I have decided my rebellion is over. I had 2 nights of reckless abandonment of my focus.
I still don't know why sometimes I flip out and want to sabotage myself, and other times I'm totally in control. I can't blame it on pms anymore! Wish it wasn't raining today; a bike ride would help. But also thinking about it long and hard this morning has helped.
Since I keep a chart of my progress, I checked it out, and this is the 4th time in 16 weeks that this has happened. The funny thing is, I didn't let it get to me those last times. But for some reason this time, I got really bummed out, and rebelled. I wonder why? It's so stupid!
I know from past experience that behaving this way -- sabotaging yourself, can lead you on a downward spiral. So ... I have decided my rebellion is over. I had 2 nights of reckless abandonment of my focus.
I still don't know why sometimes I flip out and want to sabotage myself, and other times I'm totally in control. I can't blame it on pms anymore! Wish it wasn't raining today; a bike ride would help. But also thinking about it long and hard this morning has helped.

1 Comments:
This is one of those things that makes me think we're all insane. When we're really into it and being good with the diet and getting plenty of exercise it all seems so easy and it makes us feel so good. So why do we screw it up?
The last time I did Atkins I lost about 35 pounds and then hit a plateau. I was stuck at the same weight for a couple months. That totally blew the whole thing. But that's just an excuse. What I should have done was go back to the Induction phase of the diet and step up the exercise. But I didn't. I let it all go to hell.
You said your goal for this week was to weigh less. I see a problem there. You might do better to have your goals be to stick to your diet and get enough exercise. If you meet those goals you will weigh less.
Do you ever just hula around the house? That could be your rainy day activity. Sometimes what I'll do is fine some good music on i-tunes and turn on the psychedelic screen saver and just start moving, sometimes holding 2 pound weights. The screen saver is pretty to watch which helps keep me going.
We've all been there. It's that same old familiar story. That's why all of us aren't walking around perfectly skinny. It's a long, slow process. I think from time to time we need to find something that will inspire us. Maybe re-tool the program. Sometimes when I look at the whole thing and think jeez, do I have to spend the rest of my life doing this? It makes it seem too overwhelming because the answer to that question is yes. But then I look back and see how long I've been this heavy and how many years I wasted being unhappy because of my weight. That's a huge chunk of my life! Realizing that sure makes those bad foods seem less appealing.
Hang in there. I love you!
Post a Comment
<< Home