Tips?
Wondering if anybody wants to share some tips, favorite finds, etc.
Here are a few off the top of my head:
If drinking lots water is part of your routine, and it's sometimes a challenge, try putting a tiny bit of Orange juice (like 1/8c.) in a tall glass with some ice, then fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water. Reminds me of a mimosa.
Newman's Own Lite Balsamic Vinagrette (I hate most "light" salad dressings, but love this one)
Trader Joe's Seasoned Wild Turbot fillets (great buttery flavor fish - nicely seasoned, boneless, skinless, & cooks in a flash)
Trader Joe's "Zen Bakery" Blueberry Bran muffins. I tossed the label, so not sure about carbs, (they do have whole wheat flour, and are sweetened with grape juice,) and are super high in fiber. Really good with peanut butter on them. They'll hold ya for hours.
Saute a little cut-up bacon and toss in a huge pile of fresh dark leafy greens like collard or mustard or spinach; cover & cook till wilted.
Here are a few off the top of my head:
If drinking lots water is part of your routine, and it's sometimes a challenge, try putting a tiny bit of Orange juice (like 1/8c.) in a tall glass with some ice, then fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water. Reminds me of a mimosa.
Newman's Own Lite Balsamic Vinagrette (I hate most "light" salad dressings, but love this one)
Trader Joe's Seasoned Wild Turbot fillets (great buttery flavor fish - nicely seasoned, boneless, skinless, & cooks in a flash)
Trader Joe's "Zen Bakery" Blueberry Bran muffins. I tossed the label, so not sure about carbs, (they do have whole wheat flour, and are sweetened with grape juice,) and are super high in fiber. Really good with peanut butter on them. They'll hold ya for hours.
Saute a little cut-up bacon and toss in a huge pile of fresh dark leafy greens like collard or mustard or spinach; cover & cook till wilted.

3 Comments:
Ooh, this is a good one!
I like the mimosa idea. And I'm going to check out those Wild Turbot fillets.
One thing that helps me get past a craving is telling myself that I'll be happier tomorrow if I don't give in. That works for me because I LOVE it when I wake up and can feel that I'm thinner. It also works to keep me exercising. I just tell myself I'll be happier tomorrow if I exercise.
Anoher tip. If you get the craving for something creamy those sugar-free instant Jello puddings are pretty good. Can't have milk on Atkins (lots of sugar in milk) so I make the pudding with 2/3 c water, 2/3 c cream and 2/3 c milk. That way you end up with about 2 grams of carb per serving. On Atkins you don't count fat, only carbs. Cream is ok.
Sugar-free Jello is another good treat.
I get those big packages of chicken breasts at Costco and cook a bunch of them up so we have protein available any time. I just use seasoned salt, pepper and garlic. One problem with dieting is you can't just grab something fast. You have to do so much cooking and prep work. I do it all at once and then just keep it in the fridge so it's ready to go.
Nancy, could you post that oriental cabbage salad recipe here? That stuff is yummy. If you use Splenda in the dressing instead of sugar it would be a great diet dish.
Almonds are very good for you. They have 6 grams of carbs per serving and half of that is fiber. They're also a good source of calcium. Blue Diamond just came out with some new flavors including Maui Onion and Wasabi. The Wasabi flavor is a rush!
Thanks! This salad is da bomb. I'd probably have to omit the Ramen noodles for carbs sake. Maybe there's a crunchy low carb substitute. Soy noodles, maybe. Splenda instead of sugar.
The girls and I looooove seafood. Jim's the no fish guy. I wonder what I could use instead of bread crumbs. I'll go to the low carb friends site and see what they recommend.
I never heard of Xylo Sweet. I'll look it up.
Oh, absolutely.
I've never had a sardine in my life. Someday I might try one. This lunch sounds good.
I looked up Xylo Sweet. It's made from xylitol, which is probably why you had tummy trouble with it, Nancy. It makes me a bit "rumbly" too. But they say you can cook with it so it might be a good thing to combine with Splenda. You can't cook with Equal. There's a website called Low Carb Luxury that gives a lot of recipes that combine Splenda and cyclamates. You can still get cyclamates in Canada, not by mail order though. You have to actually drive up there to get it.
Post a Comment
<< Home