Nutritional supplements
Do you take them? I do. A lot. I don't want to list them all here but I thought we could talk about a few. One of the supplements I take is chromium.
Chromium helps you metabolize sugar. It reduces sugar cravings. It helps you burn more calories when you exercise. It helps reduce cholesterol. So, it's good for diabetes and heart disease and it promotes weight loss. Google chromium and learn more.
I'll do some reading up on all that other stuff I take every day. Maybe supplements do you some good, maybe they don't. Maybe I'd be real sick right now if I wasn't so good about taking my vitamins. I do know that when I stop taking them I start dragging. So, I take them every day. I set up about 2 weeks worth of daily doses and put them into little zip lock bags so they're easy to grab.
(Ugh! I called my dad just now to remind him to take his evening meds. He's been watching the State of the Union Address and wanted to tell me what a great job George Bush is doing. He asked me if I was watching it. I said no, I don't want to be lied to for 2 hours. He said, "Well, you don't know what it takes to run a country!" and hung up on me. Makes me want to self-medicate.)
Anyway, chromium. Good stuff.
Chromium helps you metabolize sugar. It reduces sugar cravings. It helps you burn more calories when you exercise. It helps reduce cholesterol. So, it's good for diabetes and heart disease and it promotes weight loss. Google chromium and learn more.
I'll do some reading up on all that other stuff I take every day. Maybe supplements do you some good, maybe they don't. Maybe I'd be real sick right now if I wasn't so good about taking my vitamins. I do know that when I stop taking them I start dragging. So, I take them every day. I set up about 2 weeks worth of daily doses and put them into little zip lock bags so they're easy to grab.
(Ugh! I called my dad just now to remind him to take his evening meds. He's been watching the State of the Union Address and wanted to tell me what a great job George Bush is doing. He asked me if I was watching it. I said no, I don't want to be lied to for 2 hours. He said, "Well, you don't know what it takes to run a country!" and hung up on me. Makes me want to self-medicate.)
Anyway, chromium. Good stuff.

2 Comments:
Kelp is in the big handful that I take. And D, C, fish oil and glucosamine.
I take curcumin, phosphadityl serene and pregnenolone for my brain. I discovered those when I was looking for something that would help my dad. Curcumin is good for all kinds of things including diabetes.
Alphalipoic acid, Co-enzyme Q10, DMAE, CLA and GLA are some others. I also take a tiny aspirin every day. There's more but I can't remember them right now.
Oh yeah, I take a lot of supplements.
My doctor told me it's good for preventing migraines. I'll get one of those weird migraines maybe once a year. Man, I hate those things.
Post a Comment
<< Home