Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New territory

I've lost 41 pounds. I hit an important weight marker. Forty pounds is the most weight I've ever lost in one go. Now I kind of feel like I'm in phase two, even though there is no phase two. But, you know what I mean? It's like, ooh, it's possible to lose more than forty pounds. Anyway, that's what my monkey brain is mulling over.

To celebrate, (I know, celebrating is bad) I bought a small box of chocolates at Trader Joe's and ate them. Oh lordy, they were good. Calorie-wise it wasn't such a big screw up since I didn't have my afternoon snack. Tomorrow, back on the straight and narrow.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations!
Are you still partially on shakes or is it just portion control and exercise now?
Mommala

3:31 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Congratulations, Doni! I've never lost that much either; although I've certainly needed to!

Nancy

12:42 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Anne- Thank you! I'm supposed to be on full food but I still have four boxes of shakes left. I might as well use them. But yeah, portion control, limiting fat, salt and calories, and increasing exercise.

Nancy- It's funny, there's a part of my brain that thinks I just CAN'T lose any more. Of course, I'm not listening to the retarded part of my brain.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear, you should watch "Biggest Loser" for inspiration to that retarded part of your brain. Those people are amazing! or just look at past "losers" for before and after pics.
YOU'RE amazing! Keep on truckin', Doni!

Mommala

3:13 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

I've seen bits and pieces of it but so far I haven't been hooked enough to sit through a whole show.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Me too - I always see bits & pieces, but never had had the patience to watch long enough to get to know the participants. What's amazing is how much weight they lose every week! I think one guy lost something like 30 or 40 pounds in one week, and it's not uncommon for them to lose 20.

It is inspiring, though, to see people who have a hard time moving at all exercising sooooo hard!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Man, I've heard that losing a pound a day is dangerous. They must really keep a good eye on those people. I did lose 14 pounds the first week but that's because I went out for sushi the night before the first weigh-in. I'm sure I was retaining lots of water.

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Doni!!!

Mary

8:30 PM  
Blogger VO said...

Yay, congrats!

I have watched Biggest Loser and wheeee, they make those people move like nobodys business. After the first few weeks they don't fall off the food wagon as much as they fall of the exercise wagon. And it shows in their weight loss.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you still have meetings at the hospital?

-dean

5:50 AM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Heh! You threw me for a second there. Meetings at the hospital? Oh yeah! the meetings are at the medical offices on Van Buren near Magnolia. They just do weight loss and diabetes classes there. they also do a few other things like flu shots.

I go to class every wednesday. I gained a bit last week. I think it's from eating something salty. I'm determined to be good this week. Gotta exercise more and drink more water. That dinner I had at Ken's was way salty and also pretty high in calories. I also overdid it when the boys were here for ukeing.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home