Weight markers
The other day I was talking to Dean about some of my weight markers. These are the milestones I'm looking forward to hitting.
Forty pounds- That's the most weight I've ever lost in one dieting effort. I was taking Phen-fen then. Man, that stuff was like magic. Too bad it caused so many problems. Plus it stopped being effective after a while.
Forty-nine pounds- When I've lost 49 pounds I'll be at the weight I was when I was in Michele's wedding. I remember how good I looked in the dress I wore. I had worked on losing weight for that wedding. My favorite outfit (that went with my 80's perm) was this pink blouse with shoulder pads, gray jeans and some pink sling-back flats.
Ninety pounds- When I've lost ninety pounds I'll be at what I weighed when I first moved to Santa Rosa in 1980.
One hundred nine pounds- Then I'll weigh the same as I did when Jim and I got married. We both dieted like crazy before the wedding.
One hundred twenty-five pounds- I'll be at my goal weight. That's five pounds more than what I weighed when I lived in San Diego thirty years ago. Wow. I haven't thought about that one in a while. I was living with my rich, Greek roommate. She had an awesome wardrobe and we were almost the same size. I had some pretty cool-looking clothes too and we had fun sharing. She and I used to jog down the beach almost every day. Lordy, I was in good shape then. I remember laying on the beach and being able to see my hip bones.
Well, I'm not expecting to ever see that body again but I think I can get to where I look pretty good in my clothes. This sure is an interesting process.
Forty pounds- That's the most weight I've ever lost in one dieting effort. I was taking Phen-fen then. Man, that stuff was like magic. Too bad it caused so many problems. Plus it stopped being effective after a while.
Forty-nine pounds- When I've lost 49 pounds I'll be at the weight I was when I was in Michele's wedding. I remember how good I looked in the dress I wore. I had worked on losing weight for that wedding. My favorite outfit (that went with my 80's perm) was this pink blouse with shoulder pads, gray jeans and some pink sling-back flats.
Ninety pounds- When I've lost ninety pounds I'll be at what I weighed when I first moved to Santa Rosa in 1980.
One hundred nine pounds- Then I'll weigh the same as I did when Jim and I got married. We both dieted like crazy before the wedding.
One hundred twenty-five pounds- I'll be at my goal weight. That's five pounds more than what I weighed when I lived in San Diego thirty years ago. Wow. I haven't thought about that one in a while. I was living with my rich, Greek roommate. She had an awesome wardrobe and we were almost the same size. I had some pretty cool-looking clothes too and we had fun sharing. She and I used to jog down the beach almost every day. Lordy, I was in good shape then. I remember laying on the beach and being able to see my hip bones.
Well, I'm not expecting to ever see that body again but I think I can get to where I look pretty good in my clothes. This sure is an interesting process.

4 Comments:
You might want to edit slightly. It looks like you weighed 49 pounds at Michele's wedding. Heh heh.
I'm listening to a really fun radio station. They're playing all the hits from 1968 this week, the geeky ones you kind of liked, the smashes you still hear all the time, and the call letter jingles (no commercials, though). It sounds like it's coming straight out of San Bernardino into my little Panasonic transistor under my pillow.
http://www.greatbigradio.com/Welcome.html
The one on Hoffmania! I stuck it in my iTunes. I've been listening to it at home. Way fun.
I made the marker list like that because as open as I am with almost all aspects of my life, I really didn't want to share exactly how much I weigh. Anyone can guess if they want to make the effort. The numbers would be even more interesting if I had started from my highest weight ever. Where I am now is 50 pounds less than that.
Doni,
You are amazing!!! What wonderful progress you've made. Keep it up. You inspire me to do the same.
Love,
Bob
Thanks, Bobby!
Post a Comment
<< Home