Thanksgiving.
Had a game plan. Stuck to it. Mostly.
I had the turkey with a spoonful of pineapple/mango salsa, green beans and some sweet potato. And then I had a little more turkey. Then a very small piece of pumpkin pie. So, yes, too many calories but nothing like most Thanksgivings. I felt pretty good at the end of the day.
Different story today. We had brunch at Stacey's. We made omelettes with lots of veggies. I had a little cream cheese on mine. I also had half a waffle with strawberries. And a piece of bacon. Everything was so good. And yes, I was full. I haven't felt full in two months.
So, tomorrow I'm back on the program. I'm looking forward to it, really. I'm walking with Jeff in the afternoon.
I had the turkey with a spoonful of pineapple/mango salsa, green beans and some sweet potato. And then I had a little more turkey. Then a very small piece of pumpkin pie. So, yes, too many calories but nothing like most Thanksgivings. I felt pretty good at the end of the day.
Different story today. We had brunch at Stacey's. We made omelettes with lots of veggies. I had a little cream cheese on mine. I also had half a waffle with strawberries. And a piece of bacon. Everything was so good. And yes, I was full. I haven't felt full in two months.
So, tomorrow I'm back on the program. I'm looking forward to it, really. I'm walking with Jeff in the afternoon.

3 Comments:
Oh man, that was a gooood walk. We did our usual Victoria walk, which is a couple of miles. I should drive it to find out exactly. The first part of the walk is up a fairly decent incline. I started out peppy and stayed peppy for most of the walk. It felt really good but I was pretty stiff and sore when we got back, especially after sitting on the sofa for the rest of the evening playing ukes. I just took a hot bath. That helped a lot.
It was nice walking with Jeff. We hadn't gone walking together since I started the Kaiser program. That's over two months ago. I'm going to start back doing my regular exercise routine. We're not supposed to exercise for more than thirty minutes at a time now but I don't like holding back. I miss Mt. Rubidoux. I'm going to see if I can fit a walk in tomorrow.
Well I applaud you for sticking to the plan and being sooooo successful!
I still don't understand the 30 min. limit on excercise, but I figure if you want to cheat there- go for it!
We're thankful(as always) that Kyle has family out there to celebrate Thanksgiving with- I always miss him so much that day. We remember how much Jim helped Kyle out with car issues and just everything around that time of year- and then how you took him in when he was evicted from his apt.and gave him a job at the tree farm. We are very thankful for the Smiths :)
Mommala
Hey Anne! We're thankful we have Kyle (and by extension you and Carl and Laura). Lindsay somehow managed to find her perfect compliment. I think that's pretty amazing considering they each came from opposite sides of the continent!
Yeah, things get kind of wistful this time of year. I was reading some old blog posts from 2005 and 2006. Back then it was all about dealing with my dad. We just had no idea that those were our last days with Jim.
I also read the posts from we first met you guys. We sure had a nice time together.
Post a Comment
<< Home