Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Edamame

Lunch time is probably my best meal of the day, healthwise because I plan it better. It's usually when I eat cottage cheese or something low cal.

This week, I thought I would try Edamame as one of my protein sources. My brother has eaten it and said it was pretty good.

I didn't find it repulsive and it was filling. But it wasn't exactly tasty either. It's one of those foods that will probably eventually send me looking for something better tasting.

Unless I find a way to prepare it that makes it tasty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Mmm, I love edamame. In sushi restaurants they serve it with some kind of special salt. I think it's good without it. It's really good in salads.

Ooh, now you've made me want to go out and get some.

11:40 PM  
Blogger vivage said...

Coursely ground salt, like sea salt. Yum. Or try it with soy sauce (low sodium for you).

You could make the weight watchers veggie soup (yum) and add edamame to that. That would be a good way to fill up with stuff and not notice the edamame so much.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home