Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Wakey, wakey!

Ok, another attempt to breathe some life into this bloggy. Since I'm enrolled in an expensive, rigorous program I really want to take it seriously and succeed. I'll notify the usual players and invite some new ones. Let's share, hold hands, sing Kum-ba-ya and lose some friggin' weight.

It looks like this has been an unbelievable week for me. Really unbelievable. Like, literally. This morning I went past Kaiser so I stopped in to weigh myself before going to class tonight. According to that scale I've lost 13 pounds! Now, I did go for sushi the night before the class started so I was probably retaining water from eating all that salty stuff. But really, it couldn't have been that much. This morning all I had was one of those EAS protein shakes. I'll bet I weigh a bit more when I go to class tonight. Anyway, I couldn't believe my eyes when I got on that scale.

This week I ate mostly salads with some diced chicken thrown in. For dressing I mixed equal parts olive oil, balsamic vinegar and ranch dressing. For breakfast I usually had two eggs (scrambled or fried) and 4 strawberries or some grapes. For dinner it was chicken and broccoli. Sometimes, instead of a meal I'd have an EAS shake. Then there was that tuna roll-up thing I got at the restaurant. I made two meals out of that. I went up the Rube four times this week.

Off to work!

8 Comments:

Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Puh! I won't be starting on the supplement this week because my doctor didn't fax them my medical release form. I'll have to continue with the same diet until next week. That's ok since I did pretty well last week, but I was looking forward to getting started. Oh well.

That means one more week of walking the Rube. Once the program starts I'm supposed to exercise for only 20 minutes a day, no more. Mt. Rubidoux takes an hour.

Tonight I cooked up a mess of chicken. Should last me for several days. I bought a food scale so I can weigh everything and know exactly how many calories I'm taking in.

I feel pretty good. Always hungry, tho. Drinking a lot of Crystal Lite helps.

Goodnight.

11:24 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Congratulations, Doni! Fantastic news! Please add me to this list. You've inspired me!
Love,
Nancy

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Doni,

Please add me to this list. Weight is something I am constantly battling. Currently I'm seeing a personal trainor. Only way I will get my ass up and around. It's pricey but worth it.

The best thing I have found that helps is to focus on your improvements. Things like increased energy, clearer thinking, more positive outlook, increased sex drive (which can be both a positive and a negative), whatever.

For me, if I focus on "Jesus, why haven't I lost the weight I want yet?" I get pissed off and say "Screw IT!!!"

When I get started on a new regimine, I make a list of things I've been meaning to do around the house and tackle them one at a time. Takes my mind off of food and makes me feel good I got that annoying little task done.

That's just what seems to work for me anyway.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Nancy- Thanks! You're already on the list.
Bob- I'll add you when I get home from work.

Cool! Thanks for checking in, you guys!

Update on the diet- The nurse practitioner called me at work and said my doc called in the medical consent. I'm starting on the supplement tonight. Yee-haw! Medical diet shakes! Three times a day! Yum! Who needs sushi?

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KC and Dean wish you luck! KC just lost 8 pounds. She didn't eat as much as usual and she's been walking her treadmill and her dog.

Dean has only been swimming one day this week because she's a big lazy blob.

Dean and KC
7:52 BP (before Palin)

5:47 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Well, I was going to create a new post, but I couldn't figure out how!
Anyway, here's something fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGOO8ZhWFR4

10:31 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Oh lordy! Bounce those Dorothy Hamils!

Well, now we know the answer to the question- How white is white?

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wondering why the exercise is so limited? The more you rev up your metabolism, the more weight you will lose! Also, when your calories are so limited, your metabolism decreases because your body thinks you are starving and goes into conservation mode. Also,(again) when you replace fat with muscle mass you burn more calories even while not exercising.
I hate to see you have to give up an exercise that you enjoy so much-what will you do instead?
I wish you lots of luck and success with the program!
Mommala

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home