Monday, September 03, 2007

Meal replacement shake recipe

Dean just sent me this. I haven't tried it yet. Sounds interesting/

1 cup strongly brewed green tea
1/2 cup frozen berries
1 T Greens+ (or any "Scoop-o-Veggies" powder from the health food store)
1 T soy or casien (milk) protein powder (heaping)
1 T nuts
1 T ground flax seed

Dean sez- I don't actually measure it very carefully, I just eyeball it--and I probably use more berries because that's the yummy part. It's a shake you can chew on. Literally. It's not bad. Right now I have blackberries and they make it a really pretty purple. I've been adding some ice to it to make it more frozen, but I do it at the wrong time I think (or else my blender is inadequate) because I get big ice chunks. I think I should blend the tea and the ice first and then add the rest.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blending the tea and ice first didn't work either. I think it's my blender. KC has a blender with a sort of square pitcher--not tapered to the bottom like most of them. She got it specifically for making slushy smoothies because the ice falls to the bottom and gets crushed more easily.

Anyway, chunky ice. No good.

--dean

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I'm not jumping in all at once. I'm just trying to eat small meals often and replace one meal with this shake. That's all I'm doing besides swimming. If I feel like eating a croissant, I'm going to eat a croissant. If I do the "diet" thing yet a-fucking-gain, I'm gonna fail.

--dean

6:58 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

I'm not ready to jump in either. I'm ramping up. I haven't gained back everything I lost but it's enough. My canary-in-the-coal-mine jeans don't fit. Time to do something.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't swim today and I ate too much--but I didn't eat late. And I had a shake.

Yesterday morning the pool was empty. One of the other regular swimmers said the triathletes are gone. The Austin triathlon was last weekend, so the swimming Greek gods in their wetsuits are done training for now.

Sigh.

--dean

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home