Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Is it a habit yet?

This dieting thing. Have I adopted a new lifestyle? I've been at it since January. I'm not rigorous about it. I let myself indulge from time to time. Ok, pretty much every weekend (gotta have pie after the Trucker show, eh?). But the normal day to day eating is pretty much Atkins. It feels natural and normal to eat this way. My weight is stable and if I'm really good with the diet and if I get some exercise three days in a row I can nudge the weight down. If I can lose a pound it tends to stay off. I like that.

I can't see myself ever going back to eating the way I was. I know I've said that before but back then I didn't have diabetes hanging over my head. I really do think it's important to manage my carbs. Forever. Managing them doesn't mean giving up having a treat now and then. It does mean I can't let "now and then" become "every damn day".

It'll be interesting to see what happens when I go on this drum corps tour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home