The Snail
A snail was climbing up the trunk of a tree. All the other snails on the ground looked up at him and said "Why are you climbing up that tree? There are no cherries up there!"
"There will be when I get there.", he said.
"There will be when I get there.", he said.

3 Comments:
Hee, hee!
How's everybody doing? I had a couple of high carb days. I was in some situations where there weren't any good protein alternatives so I ate what was available. Back on the straight and narrow now. I went up Rubidoux today, the steep side. It was hard. I had missed 3 days of exercise, I was off the diet for 2 days and I had a headache. It was hard getting myself up the hill. But at least I did it so I'm happy.
Saturday night we went to a show in L.A. It was the first time I'd gotten dressed up in quite a while. I felt really good about the way I looked. I wore some new pants (a smaller size!) and one of my favorite blouses that has been too small to wear for more than a year. Keep going, keep going!
Wow! Today I had the best walk up Rubidoux ever! I trucked on up there like I was a machine. I loved it! And the jeans I couldn't zip up two months ago are now loose on me. I am pleased. That means that very soon I can take the bags of too small clothes I have stashed in the closet out and start wearing them. (I know that's a bad sentence but you get the picture.)
Tra-la-la!
When you come visit we'll go up there. If it's in the summer it will be smoggy but it's still a nice walk. Right now the view is spectacular.
Ooh, hula. I feel like I'm fit enough to be able to do that. Or African dance or belly dancing. Hmmm, a dance class might be a fun thing to do this summer.
Yes, it's wonderful to shop the closet!
Another great walk today. I went with Jeff this evening. Usually I'm struggling to keep up with him. He has a long stride. Tonight I was zooming ahead. Man, I just feel so good.
Post a Comment
<< Home