Thursday, February 09, 2006

Checking in

How's everybody doing? It's been a little dead around here for the past few days so I want to see if we're all still on track. I get a little concerned when there's too much silence. When you're in it for the long haul things will get bogged down from time to time. If anyone is feeling overwhelmed or discouraged I think it would be good to share it here.

I'm still sticking to my diet and I'm getting lots of exercise but the weight loss seems to have slowed down. I've probably hit a set point. It just means I need to keep going and eventually things will get moving again. I love that feeling when I wake up in the morning feeling thinner. I'm greedy for it.

Last night I went to Virginia's yoga class. I didn't plan on it. Jeff and I just stopped by after our walk to wish her happy birthday and she invited me to stay. I struggled a bit but I really enjoyed it. I'll probably start going regularly once the meditation class is finished.

I've lost about 12 pounds so far.

6 Comments:

Blogger vivage said...

I read daily, I'm addicted to blogs.

I'm really happy to see ya'll stepping out to do new things. Donita with meditation and yoga poses and Redhen with the wilderness biking extravaganza!

We hit plateaus all the time, in all areas of our lives, it's nice to step out and see what comes of it, sometimes we lose weight, sometimes an attitude thats been holding us in a static place, sometimes it's just a nice refreshing change of scenery.

Go girls, GO!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Nancy- Oh man, that is so cool! Annadel is a wonderful place. I hiked up to the lake once in the spring after we'd had some really big rains. Much of the trail was washed out and it was a really difficult climb. But man, was it gorgeous.

Yeah, those 70-year-olds will really shame you into action, won't they? Hey, in 20 years that'll be us, right?

Virginia- That plateau thing is giving me the blues today. Not the weight, the life. Today I'm feeling like I can't make a go of anything. Stuck in stuckness again. I just kinda wind up here sometimes. I know it will pass eventually. I have to remember that yes, I am doing some good things for myself and that's important. That stuff does count. The thing is to keep going.

Thanks, you guys! You've both helped me today.

3:54 PM  
Blogger vivage said...

Glad I could help with any stuckness, thats what friends are for, to help us out of sticky wickets.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Back to feeling great again. I think that meditation class has something to do with it. This happened last week, too. Class on Thursday, bounciness on Friday.

Stacey and I walked up Rubidoux this morning. We had a good walk and a lovely chat.

I feel like I've dropped some more weight. Me like.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Heh, heh! Don't tell me that in northern California you can't find a meditation class.

Hooray for crossing your legs! (Now there's a weird statement.) I've noticed that I'm more comfortable in this body lately. Everything seems easier.

I'd love to hear about Amelia's class. Have fun!

1:17 AM  
Blogger vivage said...

Redhen,
Yay for leg crossing!

I'll bet there are tons of meditation classes out where you are. Usually the classes are very welcoming, very casual and I'd bet you'd feel right at home after the first few mins. I'm a big meditation pusher, can you tell?

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home