Day 1
I felt kind of strange. Kind of buzzy. Low energy. I'm hoping all that will go away after a while. After doing some of the reading I found out that the program I'm on, Slimtrack, does allow for a few more calories than Optifast. In class they keep talking about 800 calories. But people from both programs are in this class. On Slimtrack you can have up to 1000 calories. Still, I'm going to try to keep it low just so I can have some flexibility. Last night I had one of those sugar-free candies. Thirty calories!
I had the supplement for breakfast, lunch and my afternoon snack. For dinner I had a salad with 3 oz of diced chicken and some broccoli. I found a soy based salad dressing that's not half bad. I added some balsamic vinegar to it. Oh my god, I couldn't put that salad down! We're supposed to eat slow but after having the supplement all day and feeling hungry the whole time it just felt too good to chew something. The shakes are chocolate and vanilla flavored, and they do taste pretty good, but it's like having dessert all day long. I really enjoyed the savory, vinegary flavor of the dressing. The veggies were fresh and crunchy.
I'm thinking eventually everything will settle down and I won't be so goofy about missing regular food. I'm glad I'm not doing Optifast. You get nothing but the supplement on that one.
Today is going well so far. I have a bit more energy and I'm not so jumpy. Still, I'm looking forward to dinner!
I had the supplement for breakfast, lunch and my afternoon snack. For dinner I had a salad with 3 oz of diced chicken and some broccoli. I found a soy based salad dressing that's not half bad. I added some balsamic vinegar to it. Oh my god, I couldn't put that salad down! We're supposed to eat slow but after having the supplement all day and feeling hungry the whole time it just felt too good to chew something. The shakes are chocolate and vanilla flavored, and they do taste pretty good, but it's like having dessert all day long. I really enjoyed the savory, vinegary flavor of the dressing. The veggies were fresh and crunchy.
I'm thinking eventually everything will settle down and I won't be so goofy about missing regular food. I'm glad I'm not doing Optifast. You get nothing but the supplement on that one.
Today is going well so far. I have a bit more energy and I'm not so jumpy. Still, I'm looking forward to dinner!

6 Comments:
Good going so far sweetness. Remember the low energy is not surprising, you're "Jonesing" from one of the most insidious drugs there are. For me it helps to think of it that way. That way I'm not trying to talk myself into eating more by saying, "eating something will make me feel better." It really won't it'll only feed the habit.
Love you, keep it up.
Bob
Thanks, Bob.
My energy is much better now. Yesterday I only had two of the supplements and a nice salad. You're not supposed to skip any of the supplements but the salad really carried me through to the end of the day. Last night after I got back from the movies I sat there for a while assessing my hunger level. Should I have the shake or not? I just wasn't hungry, so I skipped it. I did have a sugar-free candy before going to bed. 38 calories.
This is getting easier. I'm not focused on the hunger all the time. It's there, but it's no big deal. I hope this keeps up. That's what will help me get to my goal and keep the weight off.
Ooh! Last night after the movie I went for a drink with Jeff and Bill. All I had was iced tea. The waiter brought a bread basket with some vinegrette dip. I didn't have any, not even a taste. Gold star for me.
Man, you are amazing. I don't know how you're doing it, but you must be in the Zone. You don't even seem cranky. I get cranky.
I'm going to be the blog asshole. You can't keep this up. You can't be that hungry and eschew food. It's not a matter of willpower; your body is supposed to eat.
I'm sorry I'm not telling you to go for a walk and you'll stop craving that sandwich, because you won't. Don't beat yourself up for it. It's not withstandable.
-dean
Nancy- I do think I'm in the Zone. It might not last but I'll take it for now. I'm not cranky and I'm not fuzzy. The first day was the hardest. I felt weak and buzzy and very, very hungry.
Dean- Last night I really, really wasn't hungry. It didn't seem like I needed that last supplement. I'm not going to deprive myself to try to lose more weight faster.
It really is getting easier. I don't know if this will last. If I find that I'm having a hard time handling it I'll tell the Kaiser people. That's what they told us to do. Before the next class I'm going in for some blood work. They monitor everything.
Really, I feel pretty good.
Well, eat all of that supplement you can stand. If you're hungry, you can't do it.
dean
Post a Comment
<< Home