Hmmm...
I think I may have dropped a few pounds this week. Maybe 2, maybe 3. We'll see tomorrow night at the big weigh in. Boy, I sure do feel it. And today for the first time since I started this someone told me that I look thinner.
I feel good. Lighter. Everything is easier. I'm more comfortable.
Keep going, keep going...
Update- 3.5 pounds. Happy dance.
I feel good. Lighter. Everything is easier. I'm more comfortable.
Keep going, keep going...
Update- 3.5 pounds. Happy dance.

6 Comments:
Yay Doni! That's amazing. Good work!
:)
Thank you! That's 16 pounds so far. Every day I go through my closet and try on things that I haven't been able to fit into. I'm loving it. It feels good to work those items back into my wardrobe.
I have this one pair of jeans that I call my canary-in-the-coal-mine jeans. If those got tight I knew it was time to crack down on the diet. Well, I haven't been able to fit into them for a long time. Yesterday I put them on and zipped them up. Still a little tight but I got 'em on, dammit!
Don't you just love it? It's like going shopping, and everything's free! One of the worst things about working is standing in front of the closet having only a very limited selection of clothes to choose from that fit. When that starts opening up, it's great. I'm glad you're there already!!! Wow!
Thanks! I was getting to the point where I was running out of clothes. I wear my good clothes to work every day. Gotta be dressed up for the District Office. Things are really starting to wear out and I have NO money to buy anything new. So yeah, it is like going shopping and getting free stuff.
Yay for more clothing selections!
How are the thrift shops down there? I discovered one in Sebastopol when I got laid off from Agilent that I get almost all my clothes from now. It feels good to be able to re-use clothing. I get so many things that are brand-new, or look brand-new, and it's fun shopping because it's such an eclectic assortment of styles.
Of course, now that you can find "new" things in your closet, you're set!!!
Thrift stores down here aren't as good as the ones up there. I usually don't shop for clothes at thrift stores because I have no patience for going through the racks looking for things that fit. Maybe once I get down to a smaller size it'll be more fun to look. Right now I'm getting almost all of my clothes from eBay. Work clothes, anyway. I like to wear silk so I'll go to eBay and type "silk plus" in the search window. Lots of good stuff. I love the Citron label and you can get it for about half price on eBay.
I am looking forward to being able to shop in the stores for smaller sizes. I hate shopping in the plus size stores. It all just looks like crap to me. Too young, sleeves too short, blouses too short, cheap fabrics. Yuck.
Post a Comment
<< Home