Friday, October 24, 2008

Two more pounds

That's 18 so far.

It's interesting how many people in my weight loss class whine and bitch and balk at the idea of drinking more water. I don't get it. Every week we go through the same question and answer session and it's always the same people asking the same questions. Aren't they happy about losing weight?

And then there are some people who are a lot of fun. We're getting to know each other now, so things are a bit more relaxed. We're joking around more.

Last night I saw a commercial for the newest addition to the Chili's menu. Four little sandwiches made with a deep-dried chicken nugget thing covered with a gooey sauce. It looked totally gross to me. That's new. Before, I probably would have been neutral about it. Right now the way I think and feel about food is really different. I'm much more aware of textures. Last night I had a few black olives and I was struck by how wonderful they tasted and how it felt to chew each one. I was hyper aware of all the different aspects and nuances of the simple black olive.

When I think about how I've been eating for most of my life I realize that there are so many things that I just eat, but don't really enjoy all that much. I worry a little about drifting back into old habits after I finish the program. I like the idea of getting all goofy over an olive and feeling queasy at the thought of eating a burger. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how I feel at the end of the program.

In the meantime I can really enjoy having my clothes get all loose and baggy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Really? Water?? That's what they're bitching about?? That's the easiest thing for me!

*shrugs* Although I suppose when your diet is already made up of mostly liquids, being told to drink more might be frustrating. =P

Woo! Two more pounds! Go Momma, go!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is where you blog most now. I haven't been checking here.

Well, I am not dieting, but I will swim tomorrow, and I will keep checking here and maybe you'll inspire me to swim tomorrow.

So you write your diet blog and I'll use it as inspiration to get me to swim more than once a week, which is all I'm averaging now, and it aint enough.

-dean

P.S. 18 pounds!! Grrrreeaat! (EEek! Frosted Flakes!)

6:41 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Swim, baby, swim!

There. Are you inspired?

I think I may have hit a set point. I don't feel like I've lost anything. I'll know for sure on Wednesday.

12:09 AM  
Blogger vivage said...

I finally remembered about this blog. Congrats on the weight loss!

It's good to feel better isn't it?

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home