Pleasantly surprised
I didn't know if I'd lose anything this week. It's the first week of being on two diet shakes and two meals a day. I wasn't perfectly careful with my calorie intake so I was a little bit nervous about stepping onto the scale tonight. Tra-la-la, two and half more pounds gone. That's 26 total.
So, even with having a little sugar in my coffee and having that teeny sliver of pumpkin pie (57 calories. I looked it up), and a little too much chicken with peanut sauce, and some of the salmon and cream cheese dip I made for a party that I didn't go to, I still dropped weight. But I know that doesn't mean I can let up. I still have to face the Kaiser staff every week when I check in for class. You don't want to mess with that.
This week was a little unusual because I was working on that rabbit cage. That was some pretty physical work and a couple times I felt depleted and really needed to eat something. I upped the calories a little just to make myself feel better. It seems to have worked out ok.
Yesterday I cleaned out my closet. I'm getting rid of a lot of things. Not just stuff that doesn't fit anymore, but some things that just aren't me anymore. I also moved more smaller sized things over to the wearable side. In fact, I don't have any more clothes that are too small in my closet. The only thing left that I can't fit into is another pair of jeans that are in a box in a cupboard. Getting into those will be quite a victory. I'm looking forward to it.
So, even with having a little sugar in my coffee and having that teeny sliver of pumpkin pie (57 calories. I looked it up), and a little too much chicken with peanut sauce, and some of the salmon and cream cheese dip I made for a party that I didn't go to, I still dropped weight. But I know that doesn't mean I can let up. I still have to face the Kaiser staff every week when I check in for class. You don't want to mess with that.
This week was a little unusual because I was working on that rabbit cage. That was some pretty physical work and a couple times I felt depleted and really needed to eat something. I upped the calories a little just to make myself feel better. It seems to have worked out ok.
Yesterday I cleaned out my closet. I'm getting rid of a lot of things. Not just stuff that doesn't fit anymore, but some things that just aren't me anymore. I also moved more smaller sized things over to the wearable side. In fact, I don't have any more clothes that are too small in my closet. The only thing left that I can't fit into is another pair of jeans that are in a box in a cupboard. Getting into those will be quite a victory. I'm looking forward to it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home