Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Three and a half pounds this week

That's 21.5 pounds total. I knew I had lost something this week. I could feel it. I've added more clothes to the "wearable" side of my closet. People are starting to comment. I like what I see in the mirror.

Time for my dinner shake.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Doni, that's amazing! I'm so proud of you! You must feel great!

Love,
Nancy

5:43 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Thank you! It does feel good. I just hope I can stick with it, like, forever. That's going to be the real challenge. I think the key will be portion control, keeping the sugar, salt and fat as low as I can without making myself miserable, and being consistent with exercise. I think I'm getting there.

Yesterday for lunch I had a shrimp cocktail to go from tne Mexican restaurant down the street. It was really good. Lots of tomatoes, cucumber, onion, hot peppers and avocado. Spicy and filling. It also came with tortilla chips. I decided I'd eat four of them and no more. Heh! It was a very different tortilla chip experience. I ate them slowly and enjoyed each one to the fullest. They were reeeally good, freshly made, restaurant tortilla chips. When I got to the fourth one I threw the rest away. Victory of the day.

Last night I was really craving protein. Instead of my dinner shake I had a chicken thigh. It satisfied me, no problem. I need to keep this attitude instead of letting myself get complacent. Sometimes I get to feeling like I can indulge myself. Yeah, ok, not a problem if you're just taking a taste, but I usually don't stop there. So, I'm retraining.

8:36 AM  
Blogger vivage said...

I'm here to tell you there is a noticeable difference. You look slimmer (saw those jeans on you too) and your step looks lighter too.

One thing I always notice when people lose weight - their walk becomes different. And that is a good thing.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Heh! Those are my canary-in-the-coal-mine jeans. For a long time if they ever got tight I would hunker down and work on losing weight until I could fit into them. Well, I went way past the point of them being tight. I was four inches from even being able to button them. Now they're almost loose.

Yeah, my step is getting lighter. I'm loving this whole thing.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Brother Atom Bomb of Reflection said...

Whoa! Keep up the good work.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home