Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pilates!

Woo-hoo. Pilates kicks butt. Actually, Pilates kicks abs. I'm taking a class at RCC. I might just have to keep taking it because I really like it, at least so far. I think it will really help as I get into the old lady phase of my life. That whole strengthening-the-core thing really makes sense now that I know what the core is. I'm hoping this will fix my lower back problem.

Weight class tonight. Did I lose any this week?

Update: Yup. Another pound. That's 44.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

OOh, I once took a pilates/yoga. I remember a thing called "the plank." Notice I said "once." I think abdominals are very key to avoiding back injuries.

I'm now doing Zumba. It has some crazy moves, and I love the energy in the room. I feel like a total klutz 1/2 the time, and can hardly keep up with it, but it sure is a good workout in a quick hour!

1:47 AM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

We have Zumba classes in Riverside. My schedule's a little tight right now but when things open up I want to check it out. I watched their infomercial one night and it looks like so much fun.

Hey, girl, cute photo!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Taked on the roof of the new Academy of Sciences.

Oh, and I meant to say, looks like you've pushed right on past that 40 lb roadblock! Keep on truckin!

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, nice picture, Nancy! I also liked your other picture, though - it was so fun & quirky!

44 - holy cow! I'm still flirting around the 9. I'm going to take a belly dance class next Tuesday and see if I like it, in which case, I'll sign up for the 10-week course. The six-week class I took last year was too tedious for me and in an elementary school cafeteria. Heh, I think like I'm still young and in a troupe, but obviously, I'm not, and I get bored with just step-hipping across the floor .... sigh. Zumba seems too high-impact for me just now, but I have a friend that keeps bugging me to take it with her.
Mary

1:14 AM  
Blogger VO said...

LOL, I hate Pilates. I hate hundreds. But I am glad you like it.

Nancy, Plank = Yoga. Yes, must have good abs and not collapse your back. No swayback in this pose.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hey, there's a new Zumba class called "Zumba Gold" for "the active older adult and deconditioned exerciser." Nobody's teaching it here yet, butclasses start in April. I really love Zumba, but sometimes have a hard time following the super-fast steps, so I'm going to check it out.
The Zumba motto is "Skip the workout, join the party!" I think you'd love it, Doni & Mary.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Donita Curioso said...

Heh! Zumba Gold sounds like some really great weed.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home