Has it really been a year?
Wow.
Ok. Well, I gained back all but 11 pounds of that weight I lost last year. That means I paid $1,000 (the cost of the Kaiser program) to lose 11 pounds. Yee-haw! But I'm not surprised or even all that disappointed. It's a typical dieting result.
I'm trying something different (last try before gastric bypass) and I've roped Stacey into doing it with me. Basically it's this; We both need to lose a pound a week. The one that fails to do so has to pay the other $100. It's enough to hurt, but losing a pound a week isn't a hard thing to do. Today was day 1. Let the games begin.
My strategy is keep the portions reasonable, eat more veggies and fruit, and cut down on bad carbs and fat. My treadmill is ailing so I need to get it fixed. Right now I'm getting plenty of exercise shoveling gravel and hauling junk out of my garage and sunroom. Once the weather heats up it'll be harder to do those outdoor activities. I do need that treadmill.
Time for bed.
Ok. Well, I gained back all but 11 pounds of that weight I lost last year. That means I paid $1,000 (the cost of the Kaiser program) to lose 11 pounds. Yee-haw! But I'm not surprised or even all that disappointed. It's a typical dieting result.
I'm trying something different (last try before gastric bypass) and I've roped Stacey into doing it with me. Basically it's this; We both need to lose a pound a week. The one that fails to do so has to pay the other $100. It's enough to hurt, but losing a pound a week isn't a hard thing to do. Today was day 1. Let the games begin.
My strategy is keep the portions reasonable, eat more veggies and fruit, and cut down on bad carbs and fat. My treadmill is ailing so I need to get it fixed. Right now I'm getting plenty of exercise shoveling gravel and hauling junk out of my garage and sunroom. Once the weather heats up it'll be harder to do those outdoor activities. I do need that treadmill.
Time for bed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home